The Department of state will adjust the Visa processing fees to new one from April 13, 2012. The non immigrant visa processing fees will be increased and immigrant visa processing fees will get decreased. The reason why the non immigrant visa processing fees increased in order to support the addition and expansion of overseas facilities, as well as additional staffing required to meet increased visa demand. Although most categories of non immigrant visa processing fees will increase, the fee for E visas (treaty-traders and treaty-investors) and K visas (for fiance’s of U.S. citizens) will decrease.
Non-Immigrant Visa Processing fees
Types of Visa
1) Tourist, Business, Transit, Crew Member, Student, Exchange visitor and Journalist Visas:Previous Fee-$140, New Fee-$160.
2) Petition-Based Visas(H,L,O,P,Q and R): Previous Fee-$150, New Fee-$190.
3) Treaty Investor and Trade Visas(E: Previous Fee-$390, New Fee-$270.
4) Fiance Visas(K: Previous Fee-$350, New Fee-$240.
5) Border Crossing Cards(Age 15 and Older): Previous Fee-$140, New Fee-$160.
6) Border Crossing Cards(Age under 15): Previous Fee-$14, New Fee-$15.
Immigrant Visa Processing Fees
Types of Visa
1) Immediate Relative and Family Preference Applications: Previous Fee-$330, New Fee-$230.
2) Employment-Based Applications: Previous Fee-$720, New Fee-$405.
3) Other Immigrant Visa Applications: Previous Fee-$305, New Fee-$220.
4) Diversity Program Visa Fee: Previous Fee-$440, New Fee-$330
5) Determining Returning Resident Status: Previous Fee-$380, New Fee-$275.